Our commitment to service, selection, quality products and competitive pricing has been unwavering for 130 years, and continues today…
Customers and markets have remained loyal to our company since its founding in 1885, therefore we strive to preserve and develop these relationships, as well as build new ones for the future.
In 1885, a civil engineer by the name of Leprilete Sweet founded L. Sweet Lumber Company, in the Olneyville section of Providence, RI.
After purchasing a wooden frame building from the Church of the Messiah on the other side of Olneyville, Mr. Sweet relocated the building to 709 Harris Avenue where it was erected, remodeled, and placed on a new foundation. Here it became the new storefront for L. Sweet Lumber and remains so today.